Perhaps the world should end in 2012 for its own sake. In 2011, the steps required for a Christian salvation were (in essence):
- God personally chooses an individual and saves him or her from eternal damnation in Hell.
- At some point in the person’s life, they “pray that prayer” and become a Christian.
- Throughout his or her life, God continues to improve the faith of the individual in a process known as sanctification.
- When the person dies, his or her soul goes to Heaven.
So, why should the world end? Here in 2012, the steps required to go to Heaven have been slightly modified:
- Get on Facebook and “Like” a status or photo.
“Click ‘Like’ to choose Heaven, or keep scrolling to choose Hell.”
*facepalm* Sorry, but I think I’ll stick with last year’s version.